1. Romeo and Juliet are found dead on the floor in a bedroom. When they were discovered there were pieces of glass and some water on the floor. The only furniture in the room is a shelf and a bed. The house in is a remote location away from everything except for the nearby railway track. What caused the death of Romeo and Juliet?
Answer:- Romeo and Juliet are fish. The Rumble of the train knocked the tank of the shelf.
2. There are 20 people in an empty square room. Each person has full sight of the entire room and everyone in it without turning his head or body or moving in any way (other than the eyes). Where can you place an apple so that all but one person can see it?
Answer:- Place the Apple on one persons head.
3. A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, “If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50 but if I cannot I will pay you $50.”The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees thinking no matter what the carny writes hell just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?
Answer:- The man did exactly as he said he would and wrote “you accept weight” on the paper.
4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
Answer:- Yesterday today and tomorrow.
5. A man and a woman were driving in their car when it broke down. The man decided to go for help at a gas station a few miles back. He made sure nobody was in the car, rolled all the windows up and locked all of the sedans doors. He went off but when he came back his wife was dead and there was a stranger in the car. No physical damage was done to the car so how did the stranger get in?
Answer:- The Stranger was a baby and the woman died in childbirth.
6. How high would you have to count before you would use the letter A in the English language spelling of a whole number?
Answer:- One thousand
7. What relation would your fathers sisters sister-in-law be to you?
Answer:- This person would be your mother.
8. Tom and his younger sister were fighting. Their mother was tired of the fighting and decided to punish them by making them stand on the same piece of newspaper in such a way that they couldn’t touch each other. How did she accomplish this?
Answer:- Toms mother slid a newspaper under add or each sibling standing on each side
9. The 22nd and 24th presidents of the United States of America had the same parents but were not brothers. How can this be possible?
Answer:- They were the same man. Grover Cleveland served two terms as president of the United States but the terms were not consecutive.
10. Four cars come to a four way stop all coming from a different direction. They cant decide who got there first so they all go forward at the same time. They do not crash into each other but all four cars go. How is this possible?
Answer:- They all made right hands turns.
11. A king decided to let a prisoner try to escape the prison with his life. The king placed 2 marbles in a jar that was glued to a table. One of the marbles was supposed to be black and one was supposed to be blue. If the prisoner could pick the blue marble he would escape the prison with his life. If he picked the black marble he would be executed. However the king was very mean and he wickedly placed 2 black marbles in the jars and no blue marbles. The prisoner witnessed the king only putting 2 black marbles in the jars. If the jar was not see-through and the jar was glued to the table and that the prisoner was mute so he could not say anything, how did he escape with his life?
Answer:- The Prisoner grabbed one of the Marbles from the jar and concealed it in his hand, he then shallowed it and pickup up of the Other Marble and slow everyone. The marble was black and since the other Marble was shallowed it was assumed to be the blue on
12. The faster you work the longer it is before you’re done and the slower you work the sooner you’re finished?
Answer:- Roasting meat on a spit.
13. What’s the difference between a jeweler and a jailer?
Answer:- A jeweler sell watches and a jailer watches cells.
14. Dead on the field lie ten soldiers in white felled by three eyes black as night. What happened?
Answer:- A strike was thrown in 10 pin bowling
15. If life gets tough what do you have that you can always count on?
Answer:- Your fingers!
16. There was a man who was born before his father, killed his mother and married his sister. Yet there was nothing wrong with what he had done. How?
Answer:- His father was in front of him when he was born therefore he was born before him. His mother died while giving birth to him. Finally he grew up to a minister and married his sister at her ceremony.
17. What word can be written forward backward or upside down and can still be read from left to right?
Answer:- NOON, cool huh?
18. You are in a room that is completely bricked in on all four sides including the ceiling and floor. You have nothing but a mirror and a wooden table in the room with you. How do you get out?
Answer:- You look in the mirror. You see what you saw. You take the saw and you cut the table in half. 2 halves make a whole and you climb out the hole.
19. Two girls have the same parents and were born at the same hour of the same day of the same month but they are not twins. How can this be possible?
Answer:- They were not born in the same year.
20. You give someone a dollar. You are this persons brother but the person is not your brother. How can that be?
Answer:- its your sister!
21. An archaeologist finds a coin dated 48 B.C. How did he know it was a fake?
Answer:- BC is before Christ. Christ was not at born yet born when the coin would have been made and the data would be impossible.
22. What goes up and never comes down?
Answer:- Your age
23. My first is often at the front door. My second is found in the cereal family. My third is what most people want. My whole is one of the United States.
Answer:- Matrimony (mat rye money). Which is certainly a “united State”
24. Two men are in a desert. They both have packs on. One of the guys is dead. The guy who is alive has his pack open. The guy who is dead has his pack closed. What is in the pack?
Answer:- A parachute that don’t open.
25. There once was an evil wizard. He took 3 women from their homes and turned them into rose bushes that looked exactly alike. He put them in his garden. One of the woman had a husband and children and begged the wizard to let her see them. He agreed. At night he brought the woman to her house. In the morning he came and took her home. One day the husband decided to go rescue her. So he snuck into the wizards garden. He looked and looked at the 3 identical rose bushes trying to figure out which could be his wife. Suddenly he knew the answer and he took his wife home. How did he know which rose bush was his wife?
Answer:- The wizard brought the rosebush to her home at night and returned her to the garden in the morning. Therefore she was the only plant without due.
26. A sharpshooter hung up his hat and put on a blindfold. He then walked 100 yards, turned around and shot a bullet through his hat. The blindfold was a perfectly good one completely blocking the mans vision. How did he manage this?
Answer:- He hung his hat on the barrel of his gun
27. A man was shot to death while in his car. There were no powder marks on his clothing which indicated that the gunman was outside the car. However all the windows were up and the doors locked. After a close inspection was made, the only bullet-holes discovered were on the mans body. How was he murdered?
Answer:- The victim was in a convertible. he was shot when the top was down.
28. The king dies and two men, the true heir and an impostor both claim to be his long-lost son. Both fit the description of the rightful heir: about the right age, height, coloring and general appearance. Finally one of the elders proposes a test to identify the true heir. One man agrees to the test while the other flatly re-fuses. The one who agreed is immediately sent on his way and the one who re-fused is correctly identified as the rightful heir. Can you figure out why?
Answer:- The test was a blood test . the elder remembered that the true prince was a hemophiliac.
29. What is the one thing that all wise men regardless of their religion or politics agree is between heaven and earth?
30. How is it possible to shave three times a day and still grow a beard?
Answer:- If you were a barber you could save other man three times a day and still grow your own bread.
31. What is once in a minute, twice in a moment and never in a thousand years?
Answer:- The letter M
32. A farmer in California owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 24 branches. Each branch has exactly 12 boughs and each bough has exactly 6 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit. How many plums will the farmer be able to deliver?
Answer:- None, A pear tree does not bear plums.
33. What is the difference between a school boy studying and a farmer watching his cattle?
Answer:- One is stocking his mind while the other is minding his stock.
34. There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies.
Answer:- This is the watermelon.
35. What common English verb becomes its own past tense by rearranging its letters?
Answer:- Eat and ate.
36. How can you physically stand behind your friend as he physically stands behind you?
Answer:- By standing back to back
37. Four men were in a boat on the lake. The boat turns over and all four men sink to the bottom of the lake yet not a single man got wet! Why?
Answer:- Because they were all married and not single.
38. Dave and Brad, two popular politicians met at a club to discuss the overthrow of their party leader. They each ordered a vodka on the rocks. Brad downed his and ordered another. He then drank his second in a gulp and decided to wait before he ordered a third. Meanwhile Dave who was sipping his drink suddenly fell forward dead. Both men were setup for an assassination. Why did Dave die and Brad live?
Answer:- Both Dave and brad were given drinks with poisoned ice cubes. Brad drank his drink so quickly that the ice didn’t have time to melt and release the poison.
39. When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?
Answer:- When you add two hours to eleven o’clock you get one o’clock
40. Brad stared through the dirty soot-smeared window on the 22nd floor of the office tower. Overcome with depression he slid the window open and jumped through it. It was a sheer drop outside the building to the ground. Miraculously after he landed he was completely unhurt. Since there was nothing to cushion his fall or slow his descent how could he have survived the fall?
Answer:- Brad was so sick
41. A black dog stands in the middle of an intersection in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time?
Answer:- Who said this happened during the night?
42. Where will you find roads without cars, forests without trees and cities without houses?
Answer:- On a map
43. Three mountain climbers paid a lot of money to be the first to scale a mountain. After several days of climbing they finally reached the pinnacle and to their dismay found a cabin and three frozen bodies. Since the mountain climbers were the first to ever climb the summit how could this be possible?
Answer:- They found a cabin of an airplane that had crashed there with 3 bodies in it
44. If you screw a light bulb into a socket by turning the bulb toward the right with your right hand, which way would you turn the socket with your left hand in order to unscrew it while holding the bulb stationary?
Answer:- To the right. it always the same directi.
45. If someone says to you “Ill bet you $1 that if you give me $2 I will give you $3 in return” would this be a good bet for you to accept?
Answer:- No, this is a situation were you lose even if you win. Assuming the other person is being wise they would take your $2 and say ” I lose ” and give you $1 return. you win the bet but you’re out $1 .
46. If you go to the movies and you’re paying, is it cheaper to take one friend to the movies twice or two friends to the movies at the same time?
Answer:- its cheaper to take two friends at the same time. In this case you would only be buying three tickets whereas if you take the same friend twice you are buying four tickets.
47. You are on a ship over the side hangs a rope ladder with half meter rungs. The tide rises a half meter per hour. At the end of five how much of the ladder will remain above the water assuming that nine rungs were above the water when the tide began to rise?
Answer:- Nine rungs will be adobe the water. As the tide rises so will the ship and ladder.
48. There are four girls and four apples in a basket. Every girl takes an apple yet one apple remains in the basket? How is this possible?
Answer:- The answer is that one girl took the basket. she took the last apple while it was in the basket.
49. What is the easiest way to throw a ball and have it stop and completely reverse direction after traveling a short distance?
Answer:- Toss it in the air.
50. I am the shortest complete sentence in the English language. What am I?
Answer:- What am I? I am.
51. Bouncing Bob was riding a particularly frisky horse when suddenly its bridle came off. As they raced down the road a screaming Bob clung to the horses ears for dear life. Out of the corner of his eye Bob saw a car coming and realizing the horse was completely out of control he panicked. Flailing his arms about he accidentally caused the horse to come to an abrupt halt. What could Bouncing Bob have done to make the horse stop?
Answer:- Bob accidently put his hands over the horses eyes. if you horse you can’t see he will automatically stop.
52. There’s a body lying dead on a bed and on the floor beside it is a pair of scissors. The scissors were instrumental in his death yet there’s no trace of blood. The body reveals no signs of any cuts or bruises. How could the person have been murdered with the pair of scissors?
Answer:- The person slept on water bed. his killer use the scissors to cut the bed open and drown him.
53. Two convicts are locked in a cell. There is an unbarred window high up in the cell. No matter if they stand on the bed or one on top of the other they cant reach the window to escape. They then decide to tunnel out. However they give up with the tunneling because it will take too long. Finally one of the convicts figures out how to escape from the cell. What is his plan?
Answer:- His plan is to dig the tunnel and pile of the dirt to climb up to the window to escape.
54. How can you clasp someone’s hands together in such a manner that they cannot leave the room without unclasping them?
Answer:- Put their hands around a stationary object in the room which will keep them from leaving the room unless they open their hands.
55. On a fine sunny day a ship was in the harbor. All of a sudden the ship began to sink. There was no storm and nothing wrong with the ship yet it sank right in front of the spectators eyes. What caused the ship to sink?
Answer:- It was a submarine.
56. A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis: The Wife said she was sleeping. The Cook was cooking breakfast. The Gardener was picking vegetables. The Maid was getting the mail. The Butler was cleaning the closet. The police instantly arrested the murderer. Who did it and how did they know?
Answer:- It was the maid she said she was getting the mail. There is no mail on Sunday!
57. Joe and Sally where sitting in their family room one night. While Joe was watching T.V his wife Sally was reading. All of a sudden the power went out and Joe decided to go to bed but Sally kept on reading. With no use of artificial light Sally kept on reading. How?
Answer:- Shelly was blind she was reading a book by Berlin.
58. There were five men going to church and it started to rain. The four that ran got wet and the one that stood still stayed dry.
Answer:- A body in a coffin with the bearers
59. You’re in a magical bathroom with no windows and the only way things can get in and out is by an open door. You decide to have a bath so you turn on the tap you shut the door and the handle breaks so you cant open it you then turn off the tap and the knob breaks so water keeps coming. How do you save yourself from drowning?
Answer:- Pull out the plug in the bath.
60. A man lay dead in a room with 51 bicycles around him. What happened?
Answer:- The man was playing a poker game and cheated. The bicycles are a type of card.
61. Picture three boxes containing fruit. The first box is marked peaches the second is marked oranges and the third box is marked peaches and oranges. Each of the boxes is labeled incorrectly. How could you label each box correctly if you were allowed to select only one fruit from one of the boxes?
Answer:- First you select of fruit from the box market purchases and oranges. If it was a orange you selected you know that the box could only contain oranges. If it was a Peach you know that the box could only contain peaches since each box in incorrectly market
62. You are on an island in the middle of a lake. The lake is in a remote part of the country and there has never been a bridge connecting the island to the mainland. Every day a tractor and wagon gives hay rides around the island. Puzzled as to how the tractor had gotten onto the island you ask around and find out that the tractor was not transported to the island by boat or by air. Nor was it built on the island. Explain how the tractor got there?
Answer:- It was driven over in winter when the lake was frozen.
63. Suppose you want to send in the mail a valuable object to a friend. You have a box which is big enough to hold the object. The box has a locking ring which is large enough to have a lock attached and you have several locks with keys. However your friend does not have the key to any lock that you have. You cannot send the key in an unlocked box since it may be stolen or copied. How do you send the valuable object locked to your friend – so it may be opened by your friend?
Answer:- Send the box with a lock attacked and locked. Your friend attaches his or her own lock and sends the box back to you. You remove your lock and send it back to your friend. Your friend may then remove the lock she or he put on hand open the box.
64. A man dies of thirst in his own home. How is this possible?
Answer:- The man lives in a house boat and is in the middle of the ocean with no freshwater around.
65. Two cops walked into a room with no windows and found a dead man who obviously hung himself from the ceiling though they couldn’t figure out how. There was no chair beneath him that he might have jumped off of or a table. Just a puddle of water. How did he do it?
Answer:- He stood on a block of ice until it melted.
66. The music stopped. The woman dies. Why?
Answer:- The woman is a blindfolded tightrope walker at a circus. The music and a little early and she knew that she reached the ends so she lost balance and fell to her death.
67. Two sentries were on duty outside the barracks. One faced up the road to watch for anyone approaching from the North. The other looked down the road to see if anyone approached from the South. Suddenly one of them said to the other “Why are you smiling? “How did he know that his companion was smiling?
Answer:- Although the Guards were looking is opposite directions they were not back to back. they were facing each other.
68. A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping. He turned left where there was a “no left turn” sign and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still – he didn’t break any traffic laws. Why not?
Answer:- He was walking.
69. A fireman is running to get a net under a lady who looks like she might jump off the balcony of her 20 story apartment building. There is nothing below her except a 20 story fall. The fireman is still 100 yards away when she falls and cant nearly get there in time. The woman is not hurt more than a bruise. How is that possible?
Answer:- She fell back into her Apartment jumping from the balcony into the inside.
70. A woman went to visit her bank manager and she took her young daughter with her. The bank manager said that the woman’s daughter could stay with his secretary during the meeting. When the woman and her daughter left the secretary turned to the other secretary and said to her “That little girl was my daughter.” How could that be?
Answer:- The secretary was the girl’s father.
71. The cost of making only the maker knows. Valueless if bought but sometimes traded. A poor man may give one as easily as a king. When one is broken pain and deceit are assured.
72. Thirty white horses on a red hill. First they chomp. Then they stamp. Then they stand still.
73. Four people are sitting around a campfire after a long day of recreation when one man comments: “Do you realize that around this campfire the four of us include a mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, niece, nephew, aunt, uncle and a couple cousins”?. If everyone is related by blood (with no unusual marriages) How is this possible?
Answer:- The campfire circle includes a woman and her brother. The woman’s daughter and the man sons are also present.
74. A man was found dead in his study. He was slumped over his desk and a gun was in his hand. There was a cassette recorder on his desk. When the police entered the room and pressed the play button on the tape recorder they heard: “I cant go on. I have nothing to live for.” Then there was the sound of a gunshot. How did the detective immediately know that the man had been murdered and it wasn’t a suicide?
Answer:- The cassette had started at the beginning of the mans utterance. Someone else had to be there to remind the tape.
75. Two cars were involved in an accident in the center of town. The man who was driving a little green car had overtaken a big black car. The driver had misjudged the distance between him and the on-coming traffic and had to swerve back in causing the black car to swerve and crash into a shop window. When the occupants of the cars were examined everyone in the green car was okay but in the black car was one dead man. However the driver of the green car was not charged with manslaughter why was this so?
Answer:- The black car was a hearse and was on its way to a funeral.
76. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
Answer:- Mount Everest.
77. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel without using the jugs or any dividers and still tell which water came from which jug?
Answer:- Freeze them first take them out of the jug and put the eyes in the baree!. You will be able to tell which water came from which jug.
78. There are 50 horses and 50 kings riding along an old dirt road. They came to a peach tree with 50 peaches. Each took one yet there were still 49 left. How is this possible?
Answer:- Which is the name of one of the kings and he’s the only one that took one!
79. There are 2 ducks in front of 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks behind 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks beside 2 other ducks. How many ducks are there?
Answer:- Just four in a square formation.
80. Peter Rabbit was starving! He came to a farmer’s lettuce garden but it was surrounded by a picket fence. Peter knew he must eat soon or he would die. He could barely fit through the fence in his present condition and he knew that if he entered and ate the lettuce he would be unable to fit back through the fence. If the farmer happened to come by he could not escape. The lettuce was too large too fit through the fence. How could Peter eat the lettuce and still manage to escape if the need arose?
Answer:- Peter crawled thought the fence and brought the lettuce back to the edge of the fence. He Squeezed back through the fancy outside and proceeded to feast.
81. Pat Smith gives someone a dollar. Pat is this person’s brother but the person is not Pat’s brother. How can that be?
Answer:- It’s pat’s sister.
82. Old Mr. Tidy was found dead in his study by Mr. Fiend. Mr. Fiend recounted his dismal discovery to the police. “I was walking by Mr. Tidy`s house when I thought I would just pop in for a visit. I noticed his study light was on and I decided to peek in from the outside to see if he was in there. There was frost on the window so I had to wipe it away to see inside. That is when I saw his body. So I kicked in the front door to confirm my suspicions of foul play. I called the police immediately afterward.” The officer immediately arrested Mr. Fiend for the murder of Mr. Tidy. How did he know Mr. Fiend was lying?
Answer:- Frost forms on the inside of the window not the outside. So Mr. fiend could not have wiped it off to discover Mr. Tidy’s body.
83. Why are 1999 ten pound notes worth more than 1993 ten pound notes?
Answer:- Because there are more of them!
84. If you were locked in a concrete room with no windows and no doors and all you had inside the room was a bed and a calendar, how would you eat and drink?
Answer:- Get dates from the calendar and water from the springs in the bed.
85. In what year did Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall in the same year?
Answer:- It happens every year.
86. Is an old hundred dollar bill better than a new one?
Answer:- Well its worth 99 more dollars.
87. There is a clerk at the butcher shop. He is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. He has a wife and 2 kids. What does he weigh?
Answer:- A butcher weighs meat.
88. What clothing does a house wear?
Answer:- A dress. Address. Get it?
89. What didn’t Adam and Eve have that everyone else has?
90. There is a dead man in the center of a field. He carried with him an unopened package. As he neared the center of the field he knew he was going to die. How did he know he was going to die?
Answer:- The man’s parachute did not open.
91. A wealthy man named Richard Ellis had been counting his money. When he finished he accidentally left a $100.00 bill on his desk. But when he returned for it a short while later it was gone. Only two other people could have seen the bill. One was the maid; the other was the butler. The maid told him that she had hidden it for safe-keeping under a green book that was on the desk. But when they looked the bill was not there. The butler said he had found the bill where the maid had left it. He had placed it inside the book where he thought there was less chance that somebody would find it. He had written down the page numbers so that he would not forget them. The bill was between pages 35 and 36 he said. But when they looked there was no money in the book. After Mr. Ellis had talked to the maid and the butler he called the police. He knew who had taken the money. Who was it and how did he know?
Answer:- The butler did it. Mr Ellis knew the butler was lying because pages 35 and 36 in a book are always printed on opposite sides of the same piece of paper.
92. “Times are hard in a small rural town. Business is slowing and people are moving out. It so happens that there are two horse-dealerships in town. Unfortunately there’s only enough people to support one of the dealerships. So the two owners meet and decide that one of them must leave town. Since neither of them want to leave they devise a competition to see who gets to stay. It is decided that they will race their horses across town. Now they don’t want to damage their horses so they change the race rule so that whoever’s horse crosses the finish post LAST wins the race and gets to stay in town. So the next day they set off. Both are ambling along taking rests and getting nowhere nearer to finishing. After a few hours a wise old man tells them to dismount and gives them some advice. After which the two sprint back to the horses get on and gallop towards the finish line. Assuming that the race rules were not changed – what advice did the old man give them ?”
Answer:- Simply to swap horses (whereby getting cross the finish line first wood and sure that the riders horse crossed last).
93. How can you make a needle float?
Answer:- Take the thin piece of tissue paper and place the tissue paper under the needle before putting The needle in the water the tissue paper will eventually sink and the needle will remain floating.
94. In the grocery store Sal met his only daughter’s only husband’s mother-in-law’s only mother-in-law. Who was she?
Answer:- Sal’s mother.(His son in law mother-in-law was his wife: Her mother in law was self mother.)
95. Many years ago a wealthy old man was near death. He wished to leave his fortune to one of his three children. The old man wanted to know that his fortune would be in wise hands. He stipulated that his estate would be left to the child who would sing him half as many songs as days that he had left to live. The eldest son said he couldn’t comply because he didn’t know how many days his father had left to live and besides he was too busy. The youngest son said the same thing. The man ended up leaving his money to his third child a daughter. What did his daughter do?
Answer:- Every other day the daughter sang and her father song.
96. Lynn likes grapes but not potatoes. She likes squash but not lettuce and she likes peas but not onions. Following the same rule will she like pumpkins or apples?
Answer:- Pumpkins. lynn only like things that grow in vines.
97. Detective Marty had been trailing three men suspected of committing several fur robberies. He received a message in a sealed envelope delivered by Roscoe, an underworld contact and decided to call Detective Sam his partner. “I think I found out where the merchandise is stored” said Detective Marty. Obviously Marty didn’t want Roscoe to know what was in the envelope so he read it to Sam in code. This is what Marty had said: “Flame mate weighty soak shave comedy debut stake scared. “What did the message say?
Answer:- Am at eight Oak Ave come but take care. Read through it again to see!
98. I’ve got ten or more daughters. I’ve got less than ten daughters. I’ve got at least one daughter. If only one of these statements is true how many daughters have I got?
Answer:- If I have any daughters there will always be two statements which are true. therefore I have no daughters.
99. How many bricks does it take to complete a building made of brick?
Answer:- Only one – regardless of the size of the building to complete a building it takes only one last brick.
100. One day a father went to his three sons and told them that he would die soon and he needed to decide which one of them to give his property to. He decided to give them all a test. He said “Go to the market my sons and purchase something that is large enough to fill my bedroom but small enough to fit in your pocket.” From this I will decide who of you is the wisest and is worthy enough to inherit my land.” So they all went to the market and bought something that they thought would fill the room yet was still small enough that they could fit into their pockets. Each son came back with a different item. The father told his sons to come into his bedroom one at a time and try to fill up his bedroom with whatever they had purchased. The first son came in and put some pieces of cloth that he had bought and laid them end to end across the room but it barely covered any of the floor. Then the second son came in and laid some hay that he had purchased on the floor but there was only enough to cover half of the floor. The third son came in and showed his father what he had purchased and how it could fill the entire room yet still fit into his pocket. The father replied “You are truly the wisest of all and you shall receive my property.” What was it that the son had showed to his father?
Answer:- the son had showed his father match when he lit the match IT field the entire room yet it was still small enough to fit inside is pocket.
101. What weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of stones?
Answer:- The same. they both weigh a pound
102. In 1990 a person is 15 years old. In 1995 that same person is 10 years old. How is this possible?
Answer:- The years are in B.C.
103. A man runs along a hall with a piece of paper. When the lights flicker he drops to his knees and begins to cry. Why?
Answer:- He is running to deliver a pardon and the flickering lights indicate the convict to pardoned had just seen electrocuted.
104. If seven people meet each other and each shakes hands only once with each of the others how many handshakes will there have been?
Answer:- 21 most people would think there were 42 handshake.
105. I buried a stone in the ground and it grew and produced fruit. How is this possible?
Answer:- The seed of a Cherry is called a stone.
106. How can you make the following equation true by drawing only one straight line: 5+5+5=550. Can you figure it out?
Answer:- Draw a line on the first Plus sign that turns it into a 4! The question then becomes true; 545+5=550
107. How can you give someone $63 using six bills without using any one dollar bills?
Answer:- 1- $50 bill, 1 – $5 bil and 4 – $2 bills.
108. Henry was out walking one day. He met his father-in-law’s only daughter’s mother-in-law. What did Henry call her?
Answer:- He called her mom!
109. Gertrude Mills was horrified to find a fly in her tea. The waiter took her cup and went into the kitchen and returned with a fresh cup of tea. She shouted “You brought me the same tea!” How did she know?
Answer:- She had already put a sugar in it and when she tasted the knew it was already sweet!
110. Draw four rectangles on a piece of paper. Put nine x”s in the four rectangles so that there is an uneven number of x”s in each rectangle.
Answer:- Draw one large rectangle draw the three smaller rectangles within the large rectangle. place three x’ in each small rectangle. There will be nine x”s in the large rectangle.
111. What kind of cheese is made backwards?
Answer:- EDAM cheese. (“made” backwards is edam )
112. When the day after tomorrow is yesterday today will be as far from Wednesday as today was from Wednesday when the day before yesterday was tomorrow. What is the day after this day?
Answer:- The day is Thursday!
113. Simon Simpleton was born in London England. His mother was Welsh and his father Scottish. When Simon was eight his mother died. When Simon was ten his father married an Irish women and suddenly Simon had an Irish sister. When Simon was twenty four he graduated as a lawyer and took a job in Edinburgh Scotland. He is now sixty six. Why can he not be buried on the banks of Loch Lomond in his favorite village of Luss in Bonnie Scotland?
Answer:- Because he is still alive.
114. If you like pretty gems that sparkle and shine I invite you to dig in my virtual mine. My first is purple fit for a king. My second is green where Dorothy did her thing. My third is red July’s birthstone as well My fourth is seen in strings and is found inside a shell. My fifth is hard pure Carbon and expensive to buy My sixth is Crocodolite striped like the big cat’s eye. Seventh is two words a man-made fake of April’s stone Eighth is very dark and found at Lightning Ridge alone. Now take from each gem one letter in its turn And you will find the stuff for which even the god’s yearn.
Answer:- Answer; ambrosia. The gams are; amethyst. emerald ( Emerald city in the Wizard of Oz) ruby pearl, diamond, tiger” eye, cubic zirconium(fake diamond ) black Opal, taking the first letter of Amethyst second of Emerald etc… Gives Ambrosia – the food of the Gods.
115. No legs lay on one leg. Two-legs sat near on three-legs. Four legs got some.
Answer:- Speech on the little table table sitting on the stool the cat has the bones.
116. A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said “twelve.” The member replied “six ” and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said “six.” The member replied “three” and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said “ten” and the man replied “five.” But he was not let in. What should have he said?
Answer:- Three. The door man lets in those who answer with the number of letters in the word the doorman says.
117. A sheik announced that a race would decide which of his two sons would inherit all his wealth. The sons were to ride their camels to a certain distant city. The son whose camel reached the city last would be given all the sheik’s wealth. The two sons set out on the journey. After several days of aimless wandering they met and agreed to seek the advice of a Wiseman. After listening to the Wiseman’s advice the two sons rode the camels as quickly as possible to the designated city. What was it that the Wiseman told the two sons? They did not agree to split the wealth and their father’s decree would be followed.